Friday, July 13, 2007

WEDNESDAY

On Wednesday, we set off for Christchurch city; we left about 10:30am...after I'd finally found my car keys!! I have SEVERAL sets of car keys, but these are THE most important - my licence is attached to them! M. found them upstairs. Phew!

We arrived in Chch. at 12:17pm, which was a quick trip for the 156km journey (no motorway - tho there WERE 9 passing lanes). I was on time to meet my mate, Jeff, for lunch at the Uni of Canterbury; we lunched at the Cafe 101. A nice time! M. dropped me off & picked me up, having taken the kids to their grandparents in the meantime. On the way to Cashmere - where the in-laws live - we detoured into town, so I could visit the local sci-fi shop & buy a 2.5" R/C K9 - a reasonable buy at $70? "Affirmative, Master!"

That night, I went out & met a new bunch of friends..the Armstrong family. WHAT a lovely welcome!! The kids had drawn around 14 pictures for me - I was most impressed, that on 3 of the pics they had co-operated - the pic would be drawn by one, and coloured in by the other. How sweet! They'd even put Dr Who posters on the wall, to "Who-up" the flat for my arrival... they had been borrowed from the library! We look forward to swimming with them in the Atlantis-themed QE2 pools on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home