Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday in Timaru

We have a new Minister coming to our Church soon; and so today, I mowed the lawn around the Church Manse. It was the first time I've done this. I commented to Don, the bloke who introduced me to the Manse mower, "It's a good thing I don't have arthritis, so I can crouch down as I mow under the tree!" :) It only took half an hour; and the blustery wind had lessened a bit by the time I started, at 10:05am.

This afternoon, we went to visit a little old lady in town, who's like an honorary Grandma for me. The kids like her, and her little dog! She wasn't quite with it today. I noticed how stale the air was in her house, and decided to comment on it: "You might want to get some fresh air in here," I quipped, shortly before leaving. "Why?" she chirped, "Did you fart?" Honestly! The old people these today..... :-D

2 Comments:

Blogger AllyBally said...

And had you? :-P

12:28 am  
Blogger Nev said...

No, I hadn't...but her dog may have.....and what with doggy farts, ciggy smoke, dodgy hygiene - well, a cool breeze blowin' thru her house wouldn't do any harm LOL!

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home