Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Are Eight Enough?

Early-ish this morning, I rang my new neighbour, a nice bloke from South Africa. He asked me to call back in 15 mins; I did, and he invited me to bring my car 'round. I drove to his house - it's directly behind ours - and he kindly installed my CD Car Stereo for me; that I bought off my brother, Evan. It was good to chat with him. He & his wife are happy to be living here in Timaru, which is a lot safer than Johannesburg... It was impressive to see how he soldered connections swiftly right there in the car. I gave him a dozen bottles of chilled lager.

At lunchtime, our new friends arrived for a meal & a social time; the Klazinga family, and 6 of their children, arrived for lunch. I cooked soft Tacos for them; with Re-fried Beans, and garlic instead of onion, as Jim doesn't like onions. Luckily for us, both Jim & Julie like Doctor Who! :) They viewed my collection with interest. We managed to get many people round our table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home