Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Bushwalk!

On Sunday morning, we went for a Bushwalk to see the local waterfall, before the day got too hot! As I'm a social & friendly guy, I introduced myself to people we met on the way. As we approached the waterfall, there was a place to stop & rest...there, I met Henrik from Sweden (and his three friends); plus, while walking back from the majestic waterfall, I met Jentzl & Andreas from Germany...I spoke with them for about 8 minutes.

Once back at the Camp, I met a young lady from Scotland, Elaine from Edinburgh, who was making a fry-up for lunch, for her partner & herself. "Is this the 3rd degree?" she quipped, as she fought with the stove. She told me how she doesn't watch much TV, & loves outdoor sports...but there's no way she was going bungee-jumping! :)

Also there from Geraldine, were Alf & Jean, and Dave & Noeleen. They enjoyed a rather decadent (and fantastic!) Champagne breakfast!

Oh, yeah - before we got to the Camp, we paid for our stay at the local shop (but not just for local people). While there, I bought myself a bag of Pork Scratchings...I love those!!!

The weather, friendliness of the other campers, greenness of our surroundings, and general atmos were all FANTASTIC. I learned what I'd forgotten to bring...Beer; a Torch; Jandals; Pants; Shaving Gel...oh, and a Hammer. I recommend Camping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home