Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fundraising is TOPS!

I must say, I'm surprised that not one reader has commented on my intention to shave my head for charity... unless all of you lot out there, have gone on holiday simultaneously, and haven't read the last post yet.... I'm doing quite well; one person, Bear, from Sausagenet, has donated; he was my first Online donor! Kudos to you, my fuzzy friend. Meanwhile, in summery Timaru, I was given $10 by Neville Twaddell, the owner of the newsagent I go to. He'd had an operation to remove a cancer a couple of years ago. And on Sunday, my littlest son, Ben, and I hit the streets once more, meeting more neighbours & raising more funds for the Child Cancer Foundation. One elderly lady said, "Can I see your house from here?" "Well, let's go out the back," said I. (Meanwhile, Ben was happily playing with toys their grandchildren play with). We stood on her patio, and I intoned, "You see the house with the green roof? That's my house." "Ahh," she smiled, "Your wife's the Doctor!" I grinned!

Ah, well. The last few days, have been excellent washing weather. I put out a load yesterday, after going around the town, paying for various items I'd bought on Trademe (the local auction website). In the evening, I went 'round to see some old folks; I showed the man "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels." They always put on a good supper there :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home