Friday, November 09, 2007

Coffee in Geraldine...

Yesterday, I drove out to Geraldine, a quiet little town 10 miles off State Highway 1. On the way, I dropped a clanger...

There was a house coming along the road, on the back of a truck. I switched the engine off (that was my mistake...can you see where this is going?). All the traffic was stopped; waiting, waiting...the house was nearly passing me...I noticed the traffic was moving; went to start the car, nothing! Zip! I moved to dial the AA... Guys from the Oversized Vehicle Motorcade asked me "What's up?" "She won't start!" "OK, we'll just push you off to the side...stick it in neutral, alright?" I popped it in neutral; they started pushing the car (the Subaru Estate Turbo) - I idly turned the ignition, and VOILA! It hit me like a cream pie in a clown's mush...I'd left it in Drive! D'OH! Me not used to Automatics..... (insert embarrassed smiley here, staff!).

Anyway, I asked around when I got out to Geraldine (some folk refer to it as "Gerald-vegas") - found a nice Cafe with Comfy Chairs (little Monty Python reference there...). Just about finished reading the script of Arsenic & Old Lace. Cruised back to Timaru, in time to pick up the twins from Kindergarten.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home