Saturday, November 10, 2007

Too Much Petrol?!

There was Too Much Petrol in the car today; so we went for a Drive to see rellies in another town.....

OK, I'll explain. Recently, I was ripped off by a nearby garage. A large chunk of me vowed that this SHOULD NOT happen again. I resolved to stick up for myself more. So, the other day, when I dropped off my car at the Panelbeaters & picked up the Courtesy Car, I listened & inwardly digested the following message from the manager:

"That car has no hardly any petrol in it. If you put $20 worth in it, use it up & return to us empty."

Well, as I wrote earlier (I think) - this is one Thirsty turbocharged car! I put in (aprox) $20 of fuel - it only lasted 2 days on that! So, I put in another $44 of premium gas yesterday...then, the big lug of a manager calls me up, "Hi, your car is ready...." "Hold on," says I, "You said it wouldn't be ready 'til Tuesday!" "Oh...well it's ready now." (skip to the end...) Anyway, he agreed I could hold on to their car for another 60 hours or so, and use up the petrol....so I decided it would be nice to visit Auntie Valmae & Uncle Earnie, who live in Ashburton; that's about 1 hour north of here. I prayed that the car - well, let's be honest. It's more of a refugee from Rent-A-Dent. The engine runs as smoothly as a netball team running thru a minefield. At slow speeds, the steering shudders & shakes like the NZ Finance Minister, when the PM informed him he'll HAVE to make some Tax Cuts in his next budget (true). I had to fold in the electric mirrors at 60mph, to stop them shaking themselves to pieces. ...anyway, I prayed the "car" would make it there & back (it did). It was good to see Val & Earnie again....they've been married 64 years! They used to be Farmers, but they moved into town to retire. I recalled on the way home, that back in 1977, Uncle Earnie taught me how to drive...

Another thing about the petrol issue is, the bloomin' PRICE has been going thru the roof!! I mean, now it's about the same as it was when we spent a year in the UK! (1996/97)

2 Comments:

Blogger AllyBally said...

LOL!

Great piece of storytelling, Nev... this really made me laugh, especially the "refugee from Rent-a-Dent" bit!

:^D

10:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you watch Doctor Who all day on Christmas Day, YOU ARE SICK !!!!!!

2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home