Friday, November 30, 2007

Slot Car Model Raceway.....

Recently, as you know, I've been fund-raising for the Child Cancer Foundation...the last few nights, we've been going round the cul-de-sacs in west Timaru - and with quite a bit of success, I might add!

Apart from that, however, I've been building up a slot-car model raceway. I've always wanted a slot-car set; but as with the model trains, I never had the dosh...until recently! I've bought a number of cars on Trademe, some track, and now this evening, we've got it going. We still have quite a bit to learn about slot cars, but we'll get there. The kind I have is HO scale ~ same size as Matchbox cars, just a lot more expensive. I bought two Scalextric slot-cars (well, motorcycle side-cars, actually) many years ago, on the Isle of Wight, with the intention of getting into the bigger scale; but that didn't eventuate. We wouldn't have the space for that scale anyway...but, these little cars are cute :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home