Sunday, September 10, 2006

Not-quite-so-restful Sunday...

I usually like to take things easy on Sunday; Church in the morning...lunch, followed by a leisurely Snooze....then Tea, followed by Church again; then home to see my family, and Bed. Not so today......well, I got the two church services, but not without pushing for one of them!! I got a call from a Pizza Hut driver, which woke me; "Neville, can you work for me tonight?" "No." Tried to get back to sleep.....then the Whophone went, & my boss said, "Can you work from 4 - 8pm?" "No, I wanna go to Church tonight..." "You'll be off in time to go to Church." So, very reluctantly, I went to work for 2-and-a-half hours...got a HUGE bollocking from the Owner, because I forgot to give some punters their chips last night (has she never made a mistake?) - did 2 deliveries....finished work, had a quick Tea @ KFC (I get staff discount there)...and went to Church. I tell ya, I'm switching my mobile off next Sunday! :D)

2 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

Yep Doc..if you don't want them to call turn the phone off..

12:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turn the mobile off on your day off....I do now...I also refuse to answer the landline until after 9.30am on my day off. It has taught the boss a valuable lesson...I am not a doormat..

If you get any flack for doing it, just say your mobile wasn;t charged up, if they tell you to keep it turned on, ask where your call out fee is....

It makes me so mad that bosses take advantage of their employees and then tear them off a strip when they work extra hours for them

4:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home