Saturday, April 12, 2008

School Classroom is...a Japanese Restaurant?!?

OK, it's been a LONG time since I've blogged...and I have no excuse!! So, I thought, the first thing I'd write about, would be the experience we had recently at Jamie's school.

About 9 days ago, we popped along to Jamie's school - Waimataitai Primary School - to check out the "Japanese Restaurant" in Jamie's classroom! They had been studying Japanese culture. We had to book in advance; and tell an 8-year-old child what we wanted. She didn't quite understand my wife, so our separate bookings ended up being written down as a double booking!
The waitress (a child dressed in a dressing gown) came over and asked, "Do you want two chickens, two cheesecakes & two coffees?" "No," I answered patiently, "My wife is coming later. I want ONE chicken teriaki; ONE cheesecake, and ONE coffee." The diminutive waitress disappeared over to the "kitchen," returned, and said: "So - you want 2 chickens, 2 cheesecakes, and 2 coffees?" ::) Got it sorted eventually....
Never mind... I ended up sitting with a couple we know, which made the experience a bit easier. I had the Chicken Teriaki, which is a kind of Sushi. I'd never had Sushi before, and it was....okay! I'm not a fan of cold food, but it was kind of quite nice. I also had cheesecake for dessert ,& instant coffee.
Oh, how education has changed.

1 Comments:

Blogger AllyBally said...

You can keep the raw fish, but send me the cheesecake!

Yum!

1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home