Saturday, April 12, 2008

McCarthy, McCarthy, McCarthy...Joe McCarthy!

OK, I'll admit it....I haven't found this first semester back studying, so easy...and I've stuffed up...a bit! However, I'm recovering.....

The Situation
I'm embarrassed to admit it; but when I saw the words "Reading 1" in my 'varsity binder, I didn't click that I was required to Take Notes - hey, it's been 12 years since I've studied, OK?
I used to roll in to lectures, sit down, and take notes! I'll definitely take notes on the Readings I get, next Semester.... Anyway, I finished reading all the Readings on Thursday; and I thought it would be a good idea to ring up the Course Controller, to "touch base", and get some ideas about writing the first Assignment! So, I rang him - Kerry - at Massey University, which is aprox. 380 miles away. He was very helpful, saying I was welcome to send him a First Draft of my Assignment by email, and he would give me some notes/suggestions on it. They really go outta there way to encourage Extra-Mural students! :)

Last night, I put 2 more items on Trademe; a Family Guy can cooler, and a Spiky Light...and I was DETERMINED to begin my Assignment. And I Did!! I am now so much more relaxed. This Assignment won't be a breeze - but I will Get It Done. And that's the important thing! Getting started was always the hardest part! What's it about? Well, my brief is to write about the relationship between McCarthyism and Hollywood; and whether or not Tinseltown (H/wood) was more the perpetrator or the victim of McCarthyism. Any comments are welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home