Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Saturday: a Birthday, and Dancing Jellyfish

On Saturday, we were invited to a Birthday party for a child that lives in one of the houses behind us; a Maori family. We were the only ones from the street invited to his birthday; so we felt quite honoured! The little boy turned 5, so he starts school this week. He's had a lot of health problems, illness & hospitalisations, so his family are very pleased he's made it to his 5th birthday. I managed to find him a gift from some boxed toys I have upstairs, and found a card for a 5-year-old in our stash of B/day cards. We arrived at about 1:20pm, and stayed for about 20mins...the kids enjoyed the little Bouncy Castle that was there...we had to go to Finding Nemo, the stage play; it was put on at Mountainview High School. Three of our friends were in the show; my mate, Andy, played Gill, and two of his daughters were Dancing Jellyfish - one of them played two other roles, as well! The show was very impressive.

After seeing Nemo, we went home - I had a rest, then went back to the little boy's Birthday party; there was a pallet outside for dancing, and I danced for a little bit with my daughter. There was also a tent and a gazebo. The hostess of the party kindly gave me a couple of beers. I stayed for a time, and my wife & children also came back to the Party. It was a good time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home