Tuesday, February 06, 2007

WAITANGI DAY

Today was our National day, Waitangi Day, celebrating the treaty between us Pakehas (white skins) and the Maori people. So, Margaret didn't go to work...& we all went out to a.....

TEDDY BEARS PICNIC
...I'd always wanted to go to one of these!! We took food, a blanket, some cans of pop, and 6 Teddys. Including...the two "Twin Bears", these have the year 2002 on their right feet - as I bought them just days after M. became pregnant with the Twins! They were born 8 months later. *** The highlight one the Picnic, for me, was competing in the Egg & Spoon Race, and getting a pair of pocket binoculars for my efforts...even though I came (aprox) 3rd last!

AT THE MOVIES
Tonight, I met my friend, Chris, at the cinema; we saw Prairie Home Companion, a movie based on the radio show of the same name. It was very good! Kevin Kline was outstanding, and even the unpopular (in the press) Lindsay Lohan put in a creditable performance; though she was, of course, outshone by her on-screen Mom & Aunt, Meryl Streep & Lily Tomlin. Also impressive was Woody Harrelson as a "singing cowboy." After the movie, we went to a bar & watched a little of the one-day Cricket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home