Monday, November 27, 2006

Saturday

Well, that was some weekend! We travelled down from Timaru to Dunedin, a distance of 125 miles. Arrived at our friends' house at around 10:30pm on Fri. night; had a good nights sleep. Next morning, we had a leisurely breakfast, and then we went in search of parts for my Dalek project. We went into a huge craft supplies store, "Spotlight", which sells, amongst many other lines, Xmas decs - transparent 100mm balls, in two halves. These are PERFECT for Dalek hemispheres! :D) I bought 4 pairs, & ordered another 23. We then looked for Dr.Who books...but all the ones I found were ones I already have... Got a peep at my old friend Alastair's whopper of a baby son, Nathan; we had to see him one-at-a-time, as Al was out, and baby's Mum was sick in bed... Then had lunch with my Mum, my oldest sister, my oldest brother & his wife. Good to see them all. I gave my brother some Goon Shows I'd copied for him; he was pleased. Not long after, I dropped M. off at her meeting; we were primarily in Dunedin for her medical conference. Mum & Gwen looked after the kids for the afternoon. I bought a DVD in town, before heading back to see Mum again.
...Got some nice, fresh bread for our hosts...had Tea with them...the kids got a bit too rowdy, which led to some conflict; which has been sorted out amicably. Watched "Ripping Yarns" with our hosts, before bed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good weekend by the sound of it Nev.

11:10 pm  
Blogger Freddie said...

sounds like a good time was had by all..
how many daleks are you going to be making Doc ?? will you take pictures when your done..i'd love to see them..

11:57 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

Hi Lou..& that was just Saturday! Details about Sunday to follow...

Hi Freddie...I'm just making one Dalek; it'll be full-size. I'll definitely take photos! :)

8:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you going to put the old bicycle under the dalek casing and scare the postlady?!!

8:31 am  
Blogger Nev said...

It would be cool to greet Val (the postlady) in my Dalek...what a good idea!

12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home