Sunday, November 19, 2006

Saturday Evening.....

...I went along to the Chalmers [Presbyterian] Church, where there was to be a choral recital. Now I must say, dear reader; that Choral Music is not really my thing...but the "special guest star" last night, was an old friend: Emma Roxburgh! Emma is a Soprano soloist, who sings Opera...in Italian, German, and occasionally in English! She sang "The Wedding Song" at our wedding, along with her husband & his brother. Last night, she sang songs from Mozart, and some from Schumann. She had flown down from Auckland city esp. for the event. We once stayed with Emma & her hubby Richard in Manchester, while attending a Dr.Who convention.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

My name's Ollie Hayes (baritone) and I was a pupil of Emma Roxburgh's a few years ago at Hills Road in Cambridge. I'm going to be in South Island in a few weeks' time and would really like to get in touch with Emma when I'm there. If there's any chance you could forward this message and my email address to her I'd be really grateful. I tried to get in touch via my old head of music (and Emma's old some-time boss) Joss Sanders but he didn't have an address. As so often is the case, google came up trumps!
If you could let me know whether you've got this message, that'd be fab.
Many thanks,

Ollie
Email: oliver.hayes@gmail.com

1:51 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home