Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend

On Saturday, two of Jamie's friends came 'round, Ke-Arn & Kalm....the two boys are obviously good mates, as Kalm's mum dropped them off, and Ke-Arn's mum picked them up.....it interests me, the many names about these days, that I never saw until the last couple of years - reminds me of the American pursuit of Individualism.....

Also, the boys' visit reminded me how times have changed - when I was a wee lad, I would walk home from school - and if I wanted to play with a schoolmate at his/her house, we would just go there, & I would ring home to tell them what I was up to. These days, Jamie gets picked up from school in our cars - well, after all, it IS 2.5 miles to his school, a lot of the way along State Highway 1.

Recorded 6 more Goon Shows onto normal CD-R last night; though I think I recorded 1 that I already have....poos & weease!

2 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

we used to walk everywhere too Doc..but if you look at the crime rate now...it's just safer to drive the kids to where they want to go and pick them up again don't you think ?..it's sad that the kids of today can't enjoy the beauty of life how we new it way back when..

11:14 am  
Blogger Nev said...

Yes, you're right, it' much safer to drive the little 'uns Freddie :)

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home