Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Calendar Girls

This morning, I came out to the back door & found my new Calendar on the back doorstep! It's the Alternative WI Calendar 2007; in which the original Calendar Girls - a group of middle-aged Yorkshire women - pose nude for charity, in poses from everyday life; ie, making jam, painting a picture, pouring a cup of tea, singing hymns, practising Tai-Chi in a field, playing the piano, & others...I hardly ever push a barrow on here, but I encourage you all to buy this charming Calendar...& support Leukaemia Research! :) Note : this isn't the same calendar they produced 7 years ago, but a whole new one.... you can buy it online at :
http://www.lrf.org.uk/en/1/calcal.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved watching the film all about the 'real' story of the Calendar Girls, and inspiring one to boot. Not that you'd ever catch me doing it!

7:31 am  
Blogger Nev said...

Nah, Lou...those were middle-aged women...it'll many, many years before you're old enough to do that ;)

7:53 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home