Sunday, September 24, 2006

Computers........

Excuse me if I was a bit EXUBERANT on my last post; on Friday that was the very first time I ever bought a Brand-New Computer......

...our last 2 Computers were hand-me-downs from Margaret's Dad; the last one had a 6 Gig hard-drive, and could do most things...until its brain melted......it didn't do too bad, when you consider that we took it to the repair shop last year in March - I was offline for 3 MONTHS (some folks thought I'd stopped talking to them), and when we finally got it back 12 weeks later, the guys there said "We couldn't find anything wrong with it" ::)

...the one before that (our second 'puter) had a 500Mb hard-drive, and was as slow as a wet week on the Isle of Wight.....to boot up our Home Page, I'd click on it, & go & make a brew (& drink it) while waiting for it to do its thing.....

...our very first computer was a Mac, which we bought at an auction for $100.....it had a soft-drive of just 1 Meg.......it did me for word-processing, for University......

The New Computer has a hard-drive of 80 Gigs, and is pretty good for such a cheap model - it was just $899 (300 pounds), plus $39 for an anti-virus deal.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

have fun with your new puter Doc..
i remember before we got one..i told Steven i didn't want him sitting at it day and night..little did i know it would be me...oh well that's life..

12:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home