Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday

Today was fairly Quiet......I got up, kept my usual vigilant watch on the Mailbox...eventually, a parcel came (my 4th this week!). The first three were DVDs from the UK; this one was an old Dr.Who book from our Auntie Elaine. She found it in her attic, and for some strange reason, she thought of me...! She wrote, "If it's one you've already got, you can give it to someone else..." No way, Jose. Looking inside the front cover, I saw it belonged to her son, Connan, who passed away many years ago, while climbing a mountain. They never did find his body......

I went to Northtown shopping centre, & got my last pay from Pizza Hut. I really am better off, outta there. I feel a lot less stressed. Went to McDonald's & had a leisurely breakfast; then went home & had a little kip...then drove to pick up the Twins. A while later, I picked up Jamie; once we got home, the 3 kids happily watched "Piglet's Big Movie" while I made Burgers from a recipe out of the Dr.Who Cookbook. This time, the meat patties held together a lot better, and the burgers were generally much improved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

oh Doc i don't think i would give the book away either..that is a sad tale..i could never imagine nor ever want to feel how Auntie Elaine feels about not getting Connan back..

so is there something special that goes into Dr Who burgers..you wonna share the secret ?? do you make little mini burgers for the kids or just regular size ones ?

9:57 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

Thanks, Freddie.
The Dr.Who Burgers?...well, they're fairly standard, apparently...beef mince, 1 beaten egg, one onion, mixed herbs, a beef stock cube (pounded with mortar & pestle), porridge oats, & salt & pepper...when I really get into it, I make the Mushroom Sauce, as well...if you want the recipe for that, just ask :)

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home