Tuesday, June 13, 2006

An ODD Tuesday.....

Well, the Snow is still here. Its beginning to be a bit of a Pain! Mrs.Nev managed to find the Paper...white on white, it didn't exactly stand out in the Snow! There are at least 9 pages of photographs from around the region: Roofs that have collapsed(this includes some rather large buildings); folk snowboarding behind cars; trees snapped off (can relate to that!); people skiing to work; shovelling driveways - did that myself today...for the very first time! Hope to finish it tomorrow...

The headline in the paper screamed, "Heaviest Timaru Snowfall in 60 Years." And there are still people without Power...my friend Brad (my youngest regular amigo), rang to say that he's been snowed-in without electrickery ( ;) ), and he & his housemates have been surviving by using the gas barbecue! For my overseas readers...I'll just elucidate my point: here in NZ, people in the major towns & cities usually have ONE day of snow a year...and sometimes not even that! And then, the snow is usually gone by the afternoon! ::)

3 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

what do you mean you'll finish shovelling your drive tomorrow...haha..oh that made me laugh..

10:10 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

K...to quote one of my characters in the Show...."Well....um...er!" :)

10:20 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

Just to explain...I expected the Sun to melt the Snow; but it didn't.....it always has before....it came out & appeared to be, er, shining...but it was about as warm as George W.Bush... still, the trees have been cleared now :)

11:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home