Friday, March 02, 2007

Playcentre

Took the Twins to Playcentre this morning; I felt a bit blahhhh, so didn't really feel "into" it... went anyway, as there's only 4 more months of Playcentre, then that's it, no more. Forever. I'll miss it, even though I feel happier when Margaret is there, too. For those that don't know; Playcentre is different to Kindergarten in that it's otally run by Parents. Kindergarten - or Kindy, as it's known - is kind of a glorified Daycare, where parents are often involved in fundraising & help a little with the running of the place....but Playcentre is very different; parents stay with their kids, supervising them, being involved in their play activities, and there are trips away, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

Doc..what are you going to do with yourself when the twins go to school full time ? i bet you'll miss them around your feet all day huh ?
maybe you could volunteer at the Playcentre...

10:36 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

Ha, ha! Volunteer at Playcentre... they'd expect me to do the courses; maybe learn a new language; etc, etc! No, I'll go back to school.

1:06 pm  
Blogger Freddie said...

new language huh!!! which one if you do do a language Doc ?..

11:03 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

No, what I meant Freddie, was that if I was to become a Volunteer (or Educator) at Playcentre, they might expect me to learn Maori. *** On the subject of learning languages in the past tense, I Did spend 3 years learning basic German in the early-to-mid '90s.

6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home