Sunday, February 25, 2007

Saturday

Well, that was a big day! The plans, & the workshop manual, for our Dalek project arrived on Saturday morning; very exciting! So, when we went to Town, we went hunting for Dalek parts.... couldn't find any lights I liked at the auto parts store, so on to Countdown (our fave supermarket). Survived that, then onto Mitre 10, the "haven for the home handyperson." Bought several sheets of MDF & other materials, to build @#$%* the Dalek (I don't have a name for him yet). Came home, had lunch...snooze...then got up to go to Fast Food Nation at the local Cinema! This one was cheaper than last night's one, as it was a DVD. Very thought-provoking and scary. Came home, had Tea, chatted with Babysitters, then Margaret & I went out to Bombshells, a one-woman show starring Ali Harper; she played six characters, from a 16-year-old schoolgirl, to a 64-year-old widow, and all sorts in between! Margaret most indentified with the mother of three young children (including a baby), who rushed from one thing to another like a blue-bottom fly, always worrying she wasn't a good mother (and hanging out for a Coffee!). We were seated right down the front, so we could get a good view. One character was a woman due to get married - "one hour from now, I will be........a WIFE!" She realises (much too late) that she only got married for the wedding dress! LOL! The last character, an aging-but still-gorgeous-and-glamourous alcoholic Diva, sang well, in her figure-hugging dress, Joan Collins gloves, & fishnet stockings....at one point, she stepped down from the stage and sat on my knee...only momentarily surprised (after all, this was why I was the closest bloke to the stage!) - I put my arm around her, and rocked her like a baby...after which, she planted a big Kiss on my forehead! I wish I had a photo; she left quite a bit of lippy on me! Teh hee, hee!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is this Snooze after lunch for????
You are meant to keep going all Day ...

8:54 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

Hello, anonymous! Do I know you? Would you like to introduce yourself..?

With the meds I'm on, I find an occasional afternoon snooze is beneficial!

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home