Thursday, March 08, 2007

At the sign of the Purple Lizard

After School & Kindergarten today, I asked my kids, "Wanna go to the Purple Lizard?" "YES!" Jamie answered joyfully. I drove into the centre of town, and we walked hand-in-hand to The Purple Lizard. This is a smart Cafe that has a special offer for parents with children at Kindergarten; they get their second coffee for free, and their children get free Fairy Bread. Today was the second time we'd gone there, and the proprietor cheerfully greeted me by name... I asked, "Have any mothers taken you up on your offer?" "No, you're the only one!" she sighed. (I guess I do the job of a Mother... ;) ) She's mystified as to why no other parents in Timaru have come in for their free 2nd coffee & Fairy Bread - I think it's 'cos Timaruvians are a conservative lot.... meanwhile, I sipped my Latte, and my 3 devoured the Fairy Bread & enjoyed playing with the Cafe's toys! There were Lizards to be seen all over the place - on the walls; the game boards; the door handles - in fact, Jamie even made a Lizard out of a load of purple & black stones! I was proud of him. They did enjoy themselves! It was very nice.....

Tonight, I was an old snappy grump, I went upstairs & practiced my song, Mister Cellophane. It ccould well be ready for the auditions on Sunday - they go for 6 hours; the guys are at 4pm, during the last hour.

2 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

Good Luck on Sunday Doc..i'll be thinking about you..hope you get the part your after..x

10:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright..I'll ask...what is fairy bread? Is it like fairy cakes (little iced cupcakes)?

7:18 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home