Sunday, December 03, 2006

More on Saturday

The big event for Saturday, was being on a float in the Santa Parade. Jamie, Zoe & myself were on the Playcentre float. Jamie was an Elf; Zoe was a fairy, & I was Rudolph the....well, you know the rest! ;) We got on the Float at about 2:33pm, and waited more-or-less patiently for the Parade to begin. Finally it started at about 3:02. We did well getting around square corners....but more about that later! Our float was on the trailer of a tautliner. We followed several other floats, onto the main street. It was very different, being IN the parade, rather than watching it!
There was a full work-bench on the float, so kids (mainly the boys) could keep busy.
...my hand got a little stiff, from waving...& I couldn't smile so well, with the Red Nose on! Hundreds of peop. lined the main street. At the end of the parade, we drove down the Loop to get to the Bay....but we held up all the rest of the parade, when we tried to get into the Bay grounds, but the trailer couldn't get past a very old bollard...despite the driver trying many times! I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the Paper tomorrow!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good fun Nev. Sometimes I wish that they would bring back our town carnival with the float parade. Doesn't seem like our council could organise a P*** up in a brewery though.

I was Mr Daydream once on my school's float. It chucked it down with rain and all my blue paint ran lol!

1:49 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home