Sunday, November 05, 2006

"A Slice of Banana Cake"

Helen Brown is a Columnist & Entertainer, who lives in Melbourne, Aus. She has written a Column for the local broadsheet, The Timaru Herald, for the last 20 years! ....but she's not as old as she sounds! ;)

We went to see her 1-Woman-Show - A Slice of Banana Cake - at the Theatre Royal, Timaru, last night. As per usual, I was in the front row; so as to see every nuance, grimace, shimmy, shake & smile! ;) She & I had exchanged a couple of emails beforehand, and after the Show, she said to moi, "Why didn't you wear your Dr.Who Scarf?" LOL! I informed her that it'd been too hot to wear it, but on reflection, I could've taken in to the Theatre in its bag, & whipped it out...apparently, Helen Brown was looking for someone in the front row, wearing a long DW-style Scarf! I've told her that I'll email her the photo of me wearing it, that was on the front page of our local paper :)

Her show was called A Slice of Banana Cake, as she has likened her life to a Banana Cake, and the ingredients therein.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

sounds like you had a good night Doc..maybe if you go see her again you can wear your scarf huh ?
Banana Cake huh !!!! i'm alergic to bananas..lol..

ps..whats up with your Bloggie !!! i think something must be up with your template Doc..your heading is just all letter and signs...did you tamper with it ???

10:58 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

My Bloggie? Well, I tried to put a Virtual Pet in...& it didn't quite "want to come home with me"...and made a mess before it bogged off!

7:49 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home