Wednesday, August 02, 2006

About our Coins...to Explain.....

Hmmm....I feel perhaps I haven't quite explained myself well enough, about Our New Coins - though Ally seems to have got it! :) ...if you look at the pic of the Coins...the Old Ones are on the top; the New Ones are on the bottom...the New Ones will completely replace, the Old Ones...the $1 & $2 coins aren't shown, as they will stay as they are.....and if you've been wondering why I invited criticism of the new small change...the coins are all a similar size...& having felt them, well...the new 20c coins, isn't just half the size of the old ones - it's also only one-third the weight! ::) If you've wondered, dear reader, why we used to have two different 20c coins (see pic), it's because when the new one was released, it wasn't popular, so it did not replace the old one. *** Getting back to the brand-new ones...we have 3 months to use up the old ones, and then they'll be Legal Tender no more, on the 1st November.

4 Comments:

Blogger AllyBally said...

Yippee!

It's a 2 dollar coin I've got, so I should be okay after all!

(How much is a cup of coffee in NZ, btw?)

11:18 am  
Blogger Nev said...

Coffee? Depends how fancy it is... at a decent Cafe, it's about $3.50 per Cappucino/Latte...

1:14 pm  
Blogger AllyBally said...

How much for an instant in a cheap caff?

Would I get change from my $2?

;-D

1:27 pm  
Blogger Nev said...

I think maybe you can get a cheap Espresso at McD's, for $1.80... but I wouldn't recommend it... ;)

2:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home