Saturday, May 20, 2006

BABOOSHKA!

This evening, I went out to The Playhouse, the theatre where I made my stage debut last year, in Dad's Army. The play is called Babooshka, and it was the New Zealand premiere! 5 women are seen popping in & out of changing rooms, changing everything except their knickers; exploring women's manipulation by the media, and the self-image of females from 20 - late 50's in today's society. Music included Kate Bush's fabulous Babushka (twice), and also music from Wagner! I like plays that have a cast of all women, I've seen 7 of them so far. OK, 2 of them were one-woman plays, but still..!

I spoke to all of the cast after the play, and told them all that they must come & see me at the Mill Theatre next month...then afterwards, got petrol & reminded myself..."You've told LOADS of people to watch you at The Mill...so BE YOUR BEST!" Six hour rehearsal tomorrow...report to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home