Sunday, March 05, 2006

In the Funeral Parlour

In front of a Live Audience, the various funeral directors told the groups assembled about their options for their final send-off....I asked quite a few questions, and felt the grain & finish of several Caskets. The group I was a part of had a fascinating time in the Mortuary, and the young Funeral Director that did his presentation & I had a good yarn afterwards about their hearses & removal cars. I told the staff about my Dad having been a Funeral Director, which helped the conversations along quite a bit! It was also discussed, the fact that NZ funerals are considerably less expensive than those in the United States; ie, a top-of-the-range casket here costs a maximum of five thousand dollars, while one can expect to pay four times as much in the US....

An afternoon tea was laid on, and I enjoyed delicious chocolates, cheese & crackers, a grape, & a cup of tea before leaving.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home