Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday, Feb 10th 2K6

Well, one of yesterday's highlights was ringing The Stamp Centre, in London... the bloke chirped, "The Stamp Centre, Good Morning," - I resisted the urge to say "Good Evening" (we're 13 hours ahead of the UK down here!). I made polite enquiries as to just WHAT has happened to my Radio Controlled Gold Dalek! (Breathe normally....I'm fine). I reminded him it had been posted on the 13th Dec; he phoned back 10mins later, reporting that it didn't actually leave the UK for another MONTH....arrrgh! Oh well....(big sigh) as least I know it's on its way! Meanwhile, my OTHER R/C Dalek ("Dippy"....as in Dip.E. Geddit? Stands for "Diploma of Extermination") - is getting lonely....I'll console him, as best I can.....;) - oh! Did I mention I'm slightly obsessed with Dr.Who?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't leave for another month?..Did they quarantine it for mad dalek disease....

2:43 am  
Blogger Nev said...

Hi Julz, I think they had just too many parcels to be flown out by various airlines...either that, or the van taking Dalek to Heathrow went around the M25 about 30 times, stopping every 50 metres for road works! :)

8:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah...I reckon the dalek exterminated the van driver!!!

8:53 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home